Fantasy Drafts

Friday, January 13, 2006

Best Picture Oscar Winners Draft Results

4:28 PM

"Oh, my God. Oh, my God. I'm sorry. Wow. This draft was totally unexpected. There are so many people I need to thank. Just so many people. This project...this whole thing is the product of so many people. So many people make this possible. Wow, this statue is heavy...

I'd like to thank the Academy for respecting my work. Heck, I'd like to thank them for reading it in the first place. To be honored for my accomplishments just makes me...it just overwhelms me. I've been working so hard, all of us have, at this for, what? 8 whole months now? This is just amazing, all of this work.

But I need to thank people. Like Albert and Bryan, and Sarah and Chris for participating. And people like Dan and Justin who were there from the beginning and who have supported me, even though they can't always participate. And then Sydney, so loved by so many for her contributions to me. She's great. Thank You! And sweet, dear Adam. Making almost every draft, a true champion. And the...

Turn that music off! I'm not finished. I'm not done! No. You let Roberto Benigni act like a circus carny on speed. And you won't even let me thank God!

There we go. Like I was saying, I'd like to thank the man who made this all possible. Darren Delaye. You're a champion. And the bloggers. And the people of blogspot.com. I know, I know, I'm not supposed to plug people, but they do such a great job and...look at me, I'm tearing up.

So finally, I'd like to thank the readers, without you this wouldn't be possible. And I know that the only people who read this are the people I mentioned in my speech, but I don't care. Thank you to the audience, you give me the energy and the comments to keep this going. Thank you. San Dimas High School football rules! Goodnight!"

Round 1
Albert - Casablanca
Bryan - Ben-Hur
Sarah - The Godfather
Chris - Gone With the Wind

Round 2
Chris - Lawrence of Arabia
Sarah - West Side Story
Bryan - The Deer Hunter
Albert - Patton

Round 3
Albert - On the Waterfront
Bryan - The Godfather Part II
Sarah - All About Eve
Chris - Schindler's List

Round 4
Chris - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Sarah - Out of Africa
Bryan - The Sting
Albert - Silence of the Lambs

Round 5
Albert - Gandhi
Bryan - Braveheart
Sarah - Annie Hall
Chris - Midnight Cowboy

Round 6
Chris - Forrest Gump
Sarah - American Beauty
Bryan - Rocky
Albert - Driving Miss Daisy

Round 7
Albert - In the Heat of the Night
Bryan - Gladiator
Sarah - S. in Love
Chris - The French Connection

Round 8
Chris - Unforgiven
Sarah - Titanic
Bryan - Platoon
Albert - A Man For All Seasons

7 Comments:

Blogger Selfish Country Music Loving Lady said...

I just want to make this public: I am horrified that I accidentally ended up with Shakespeare in Love AND Titanic. AND THAT'S WHY YOU ALWAYS PARTICIPATE IN THE WHOLE DRAFT, instead of sending chris a list of your picks. :' (

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have all forgotten the real star wars and princess bride

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man Sarah really took away my thunder, i mean she is the only one with bad choices...Shakespeare in Love has no business being an oscar winner -- it sickesn me that Saving Private Ryan didnt win...

2:36 PM  
Blogger Selfish Country Music Loving Lady said...

Oddly enough, I agree with Albert here. Recent movies just haven't had enough time to prove that they can age well and become true classics, proudly bearing forward the rich legacy of Academy tradition. You know, like "Titanic."

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, i mean, uh, do you people ever draft? i mean, cmon!!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha. oh, the irony

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

flash in the pain is right...

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home