Fantasy Drafts

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Board Games Draft

7:48 PM

Originally the brilliant, talented and impossibly good looking kids at fantasydrafts.blogspot.com wanted to use the wikinition of board games as: "any game played on a board (that is, a premarked surface) with counters or pieces that are moved across the board."

We (that is to say this draft's tyrannical administrator) applied a completely subjective definition to what constitutes a "board game." At first I tried to justify my seemingly arbitrary decisions with pesky words, but then I finally settled on "What do I think of when I hear the term 'board game'?" If you really want me to, I suppose I can come up with a definition that allows Yahtzee, Boggle and Twister and excludes Pictionary, Taboo, Dominoes and Oujia boards. But I'm not going to. You can debate it in the comments.

Round 1
Sarah - Chess
Adam - Monopoly
Sydney - Trivial Pursuit
Chris - Scrabble

Round 2
Chris - Checkers
Sydney - Clue
Adam - Go
Sarah - Backgammon

Round 3
Sarah - Candyland
Adam - Risk
Sydney - Battleship
Chris - Yahtzee

Round 4
Chris - Boggle
Sydney - Connect Four
Adam - Parcheesi
Sarah - Mastermind

Round 5
Sarah - Life
Adam - Stratego
Sydney - Chinese Checkers
Chris - Cranium

Round 6
Chris - Trouble
Sydney - Operation
Adam - Reversi (Othello)
Sarah - Mancala

Round 7
Sarah - Museum Caper Clue
Adam - Hex
Sydney - Scene It?
Chris - Sorry

Round 8
Chris - Guess Who
Sydney - Twister
Adam - Quarto
Sarah - Chutes and Ladders

6 Comments:

Blogger Selfish Country Music Loving Lady said...

It also excludes Set, apparently. Wahh! (I'm crying here because Set will inevitably ALSO be excluded from any Card Games Draft we have. And because I'm a whiny, entitled princess.)

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you are all finally back to, er... at work and feeding my social security fund.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Selfish Country Music Loving Lady said...

Oh, I'm ALSO sad that no one drafted my SECRET favorite board game, the Saved By the Bell game, in which you got to go on dates.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Red Baroness said...

The best game ever is clearly the sweet valley high board game. The whole point of the game is to go to prom with a cute boy.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Adam Woods said...

Chris was 4-for-4 until he picked Cranium over Mancala and Operation. Seriously?

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home